Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Simple Thing

"I felt the earth beneath my feet; Sat by the river and it made me complete; Oh simple thing where have you gone?" This quote reminds me of my childhood days. Do you remember yours? Carefree days You played outside all day Ventured out into uncharted territory--always to discover something new and exciting Chasing butterflies in the Spring Playing in the creek in the heat of the summertime Pretending the leaves that fell in Autumn were dollar bills, so you tried to see how many you could catch before they hit the ground or it wouldn't count Counting down the days till Christmas with anticipation Vacations Visiting grandparents Playing on swingsets... Where did those simple things go? Now, its all about jobs, bills, vehicle maintenance, grocery shopping, laundry, cooking, cleaning, spending equal time b/w two families, running here, running there, busy, busy, busy. Is it possible to find the simple things in the midst of the chaos? If so, please tell me how! I've concluded that if our bodies did NOT require sleep, I could probably takcle the world! But, even in the chaos, I have peace and joy that no one can take away. I can face the chaos with joy b/c of Who is in control of my chaos. Occasionally, I'd just like to take an enjoyable vacation away from my chaos. Even still, I am thankful for my chaos...b/c I know that my bills get paid, I have food on the table, I have a home to clean, I have a vehicle to drive, I have a job...See, what could almost seem like a negative blog can turn into something beautiful...and my life...beautiful! Wow! God is so good!!!!!!!!

No comments: