Friday, November 7, 2008

Sad to say...

I am a photographer. I LOVE taking pictures. I take pictures for other people a lot. I love editing each image and seeing results that make my heart sing. When I was pregnant with my precious little girl I just "knew" that I would take a picture of my ever expanding belly month by month. I had all expectations from myself as well as others that my little girl would be the most photographed infant in the world. Yet I blog this today having only had 2 official photo sessions with her and that was at 8 days old and 4 weeks old. She is now 3 months old. Below are not even official photo session images...just some candids that I paused briefly to snap. And the images with mommy and daughter...THE FIRST of the two of us together since her birth. It's really sad...I'm not happy with myself. I'm quite disappointed and want to hang my head in shame. I believe it was yesterday when the explanation developed into my rational...no, irrational mind! I have not taken the time to do my own photo sessions with Ava b/c I've just been lazy. I have not taken pictures of the two of us together b/c of the complication of photographing myself. I have not taken pictures of her with her daddy b/c I have been lazy (and he's not thrilled about having his picture made either). I, also, have not taken pictures of her b/c I am a perfectionist. If I cannot take images that make my heart sing and follow all of the rules in my photography brain then I just do not take them. Thus I have not taken any. And I should be punished! So I have finally concluded that no longer will I not pick up my camera to just snap fun candids of my little girl to capture all of these growing and developing months. Whether they turn out to be the professional images I would hang on my wall or not, I shall capture my beautiful daughter as she grows. Because I never want to forget each stage in her life. So, I, along with everyone else who follows this blog, should EXPECT more images to come! I must change my ways and it must begin now!!! :O) So below are pictures of Miss Ava...3 months old and 13 pounds. The cutest little chunky monkey in the world!!! She has the smile that lights up my entire world!! And yes, she is strongly resembling her daddy these days. I'm unsure if I'm ok with that or if I hope she grows out of it! LOL It still will not change how adorable and beautiful she is!

No comments: