Monday, August 6, 2007

Girls Rule

She looks sweet and innocent, doesn't she? Well, for a little girl who is not even 3 years old yet, she is the most intelligent, independent, strong willed child I have ever met. She is Miss Brooklyn and she is my niece. She can hold a full conversation with you if she has the right topic. She reasons more than adults can some times. If you know her you know exactly what I mean. If you have not met her yet, I can assure you, she will absolutely amaze you! I've also never seen a child with OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) but she's got it...not in a crazy way but in a somewhat interesting, cute way. She's a neat freak...everything has its place and it has to be in that place or she will change it. For instance...Brooklyn's mom and dad, Jordan and I, and Brooklyn were at Waffle House eating. Brooklyn was in a high chair at the end of the table. Jordan and I were sitting beside each other; I was on the inside and Jordan on the outside. Jacob was sitting across from me on the inside and Jessica was sitting across from Jordan on the outside. Brooklyn looks at the setup and realizes that we're not sitting girls across from girls and boys across from boys. She proceeds to say, "TeTe, you sit right here." To which I have to move to the outside so that now Jessica and I are facing each other. How does a 2 1/2 year old notice something so trivial?! Hilarious!
Well, onto my topic of "Girls Rule". Jordan's parents, Jordan and I are all over at Jacob and Jessica's. We had just finished eating and we were all sitting in the living room. For the pleasure of Brooklyn's OCD, I pointed out to her that all the boys were sitting on one side of the living room and all the girls were on the other side. Theresa proceeds to tell her that there are more girls than boys. Miss Brooklyn, matter-of-factly, exclaims to the boys, "Girls rule~YOU don't rule!" Yet another hysterical statement out of the mouth of a brilliant child!!!! I had to share that with you for your entertainment purposes only!
May you have a blessed day!!! I also have more news to share but will do a separate post for that!

No comments: