Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Goodbye 2008

It is with a joyful heart that I say goodbye to 2008. With excitement and anticipation I embrace 2009. As pastor Chris said Sunday, "Bring the good from this year into the new year and leave the bad behind." My goal for 2009 is to do just that. There will be no resolutions b/c a resolution is just something you do to change an outward situation. No resolution but a revolution to change from the inside out. I will pursue my purpose like never before. I will look inward and improve on my shortcomings and failures. I will serve my God with a sincere love for Him. I will focus on pleasing God and not man. I will give obediently...willingly...joyfully. Obedience not obligation. I will set goals...personal ones...spiritual ones...financial ones...business ones. I will meet them one by one. I will seek the heart of my Savior. I will seek His Word for Truth. And 2009 will be the best year of my life....so far! Following are some Scripture verses that speak volumes to me right now. "Do not remember the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing, Now it shall spring forth; Shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert." ~Isaiah 43:18-19 "Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." ~Philippians 3:13-14 "Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall. Better to be of a humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud." ~Proverbs 16:18-19 "Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, 'If you abide in My Word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.'" ~John 8:31 "Therefore, if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed." ~John 8:36 "Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage....For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another." ~Galatians 5:1, 13 "For thus says the Lord God: "Indeed I Myself will search for My sheep and seek them out...so I will seek out My sheep and deliver them from all the places where they were scattered....I will seek what was lost and bring back what was driven away, bind up the broken and strengthen what was sick...and they shall know that I am the Lord, when I have broken the bands of their yoke and delivered them from the hand of those who enslaved them." ~Ezekiel 34:11-12,16,27 "We ought to obey God rather than men." ~Acts 5:29 "Also do not take to heart everything people say, lest you hear your servant cursing you. For many times, also, your own heart has known that even you have cursed others." ~Ecclesiastes 7:21-22 My prayer is that we all take the time to look deep inside and admit our own failures despite our human pride. That we restore relationships, renew friendships, and forgive hurts...love people for who they are not for what they can do for you. And that each of us will become better people and more productive for the Kingdom than ever before. Happy New Year! ~christy~

No comments: