Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Making promises I cannot keep?

Could I possibly promise to stay more up to date on this blog? Would it be any different from all the other times I've said I'd like to blog more often? Will I find myself spending a lot of time in front of this blank blog screen and endlessly sharing the goings on in my life? Nope...I just cannot make any promises that I cannot keep! But I can say that I WISH I could make that promise because I WISH I had more "free" time to do so. Therefore, I can only say that I will blog when I can think about blogging and have time to blog. I don't know that anyone reads this anyway so I don't think I'm letting anyone down! :o) It's just a fun thing to do from time to time. I should try to create a special Header for it so it looks all cute and stuff. We'll see how that works out!
Anyway...
What's new in my world?
Ava is almost 16 months old now! Such a big girl and such a cutie pie! Her vocabulary is expanding and just a little over a week ago she has learned how to use the word "no" in context...and she loves it! :o/ Much to my dismay! But it is still kinda cute in a way! She tries to repeat words we say like tree, bird and dog. Her most favorite thing in the world is books!!! She would rather sit down in the floor and flip through a book than play with any of her other toys. She loves to copy what her daddy does. Jordan stands with his arms crossed when he's talking to you and Ava will cross her arms and very intently watch what he does with his arms. If I kneel on the floor with both knees on the floor, she will get down and do the same. It's just the cutest thing! She loves marshmallows bananas, cheese, fruit loops and any kind of bread! She eats good healthy stuff like fruits and veggies too. She's a healthy little chunk. She weighed 26 pounds and 9 ounces at her 15 month checkup. She's just a tiny bit tall for her age but right on track with everything else. She still sucks her thumb and loves her "Bear". She's trying to whistle and thinks its so funny when I whistle for her. She has her own little dance that we have named "The Chicken Wing". She'll flap just her right arm up and down while wiggling the rest of her body to any music beat. We're still trying to get that on video! We are still loving every little second with her and every little inch of her!
As for me...I've been taking college classes since August and I've really been enjoying it. Looking forward to finishing and getting my degree but I love all that I've been learning. It's been a challenge to work a full time job and be a mother and a wife but Jordan has been a phenomenal help to me. I love that he also supports me in this new adventure. Jordan himself will be starting back to school in January. We will see how we'll manage all of that when the time comes. I'm really excited about the direction we are headed and the path we're on in our lives right now. God has been so gracious to us! I pray He will just continue to direct our steps.
I think that's about all we have going on right now. We are looking forward to celebrating this Christmas with Ava. She still won't be fully into the excitement and opening gifts this year but it will still be fun!
If I do not post again before Christmas, I hope you all have a blessed Christmas holiday with all your family and loved ones! Remember the Reason for this Season--The birth of Jesus! I pray you can feel His love surrounding you not only during this season but throughout the New Year!
*Hugs*
Christy
And here are a few pictures of my little ham!!!

No comments: