Sunday, April 26, 2009

Bargain Carousel

It only comes around once a year...like Christmas! It's the largest family yard sale I know about. It's just not in someone's yard or an outdoor location. It's an indoor, 1,000+ family sale. All proceeds benefit different charities in the Birmingham area. My first experience with Bargain Carousel was last year. The phrase "the early bird gets the worm" is something to take into consideration for the BC! I drag my husband with me b/c I like his input on things and he helps me make decisions. Last year our focus was strictly on baby stuff...furniture especially. We scored last year! I furnished Ava's entire room for around $175! I wish I still had some pictures on my computer to show you right now. I had to re-paint most of it but when I finished you would never know I didn't buy it straight from a store. I bought a crib $30. Changing table $10 (and its a heavy duty piece of furniture). Desk with a book shelf and a little chair $75 (the most expensive thing I bought). Chest of drawers $20. Book shelf $7. Also, found some other miscellanous baby items too.
This year I planned on going again. However, I did not have a focus on what I'd like to get. Some furniture for the house would be nice but not a necessity. You have to pay $5 per person when you get there and they give you a number and then line everyone up by their numbers. I am convinced that ALL departments stores should implement this strategy for the day after Thanksgiving sales. I do believe it would result in better crowd control. Anyway...
Last year we were like in the 180's range. This year we were a stinking 308-310. I was disappointed b/c my goal is always to leave the house at 5am and get there by 5:30. It never fails that we don't even get out of the house until 5:30 and then Jordan must stop at the gas station for a drink. So another 15 minutes passes before we are officially on our way.
Regardless, we always have an enjoyable time and end up finding some really great deals. So our main intent was for stuff for the house. But as you'll see from the pictures below, Ava rules! :O) We found mostly some bigger toys for her. She's really enjoyed her new stuff and I've enjoyed watching her play! My biggest steal, in my opinion, is the little wooden riding toy. That would have cost $100 or more in the store but I paid $8! I was so pumped and just love it! So, go ahead and check out my Bargain Carousel purchases below. I'm already looking forward to next year!
These are some wall sconce shelve things. Plan on adding these to the photography office!
$2 each
A really nice large picture that is going to look just lovely above my couch! $10
Ava's table and chairs...we don't have a dining room table but Ava does! lol
$20
Ava's walker $12
Radio flyer wagon and a riding/walking toy
Wagon $8
Toy $5
This is one of those black round chair things. I actually got this at a yard sale we passed on our way home. $5
The wooden toy!! LOVE!
I bought this rug at the same yard sale with the black chair. The rug is for the office and looks really good there! It's a $90 rug from Target. I paid $30. She'd only had it for 2 months and its clean and looks brand new!
I love to yard sale!!!!!! :O)

No comments: